This is a list of my top ten albums of 2015. They aren’t necessarily the most original, but they were the ones I enjoyed the most.
10. The Rosebuds - Sand + Silence
It’s like, modern motown?
9. Death From Above 1979 - The Physical World
It’s unbelievable what two guys with a bass and drums can do.
8. Flight Facilities - Down to Earth
Down to Earth is an extremely varied, yet remarkably cohesive record.
7. Cymbals Eat Guitars - Lose
The straight up rock ‘n roll album I needed.
6. Wildcat! Wildcat! - No Moon At All
I had been waiting for this album for over a year, when I saw them open for Alt-J and was blown away. They put on a more entertaining set than the headliner everyone was there to see. The entire place was dancing. The singer paused in between songs and said, “Thanks for dancing so much everyone. We know none of you have even heard of us before, so that’s really cool.”
Their debut album didn’t disappoint either.
5. Angus & Julia Stone - Angus & Julia Stone
Super chill singer songwriter folk by a brother/sister duo.
4. Bombay Bicycle Club - So Long, See You Tomorrow
This album is more pop than their previous albums–a welcome change for me!
3. The Colourist - The Colourist
This is the epitome of what I look for in indie pop. Catchy, dancey, fun.
2. Withered Hand - New Gods
How can you not love a singer songwriter with a voice like this?
1. Kishi Bashi - Lighght
I’ll tell you this–Kishi Bashi is an expert at crafting a pop song about a steak who just loves to dance. I know–impressive.